For more than 50 years, Del Taco has been serving freshly prepared, craveable food at an unbeatable value. This rare combination is one of the many reasons that we are one of the leading brands in the fast-growing Mexican quick-service restaurant (QSR) category.
With approximately 600 locations in 16 states, we have an incredibly loyal fan base and a strong presence across the western United States, with plenty of room for franchisees to grow in both existing and untapped markets.
We are aggressively expanding across the United States and seeking passionate multi-unit restaurant operators like you. Explore this site to learn more about Del Taco's franchising opportunity, then share your contact info so we can discuss your next bold business move!
DEFINING THE QSR+ CATEGORY
Del Taco occupies the space between a traditional QSR and a Fast Casual atmosphere, by offering delicious quality food, prepared with fresh ingredients, and served with the value and convenience of a drive-thru. It’s QSR+, and Del Taco is at the forefront.
Guests love Del Taco's Mexican-inspired favorites and American classics, prepared with fresh ingredients hand-chopped, slow-cooked, and grilled in each restaurant's working kitchen. As much as our customers love our food, they also appreciate the convenience our restaurants and drive-thrus provide for their busy lives.
FOCUSED MENU STRATEGY & INNOVATION DRIVES TRAFFIC
Del Taco is booming and our franchisees are seeing consistent returns. This is a direct reflection of our effective barbell menu strategy, full complement of dayparts, and ongoing menu innovation that appeals to a broad demographic and continues to drive increased traffic and sales.
Del Taco's menu includes tacos and burritos as well as burgers and fries, spans a full complement of dayparts, from breakfast to dinner to late night and everything in between. By offering unbeatable variety, from premium menu items to the industry leading 20 Under $2 Menu, Del Taco gives guests more reasons to visit, gaining a competitive advantage in today’s busy marketplace.
We Are Positioned To Deliver A Compelling QSR+ Value Proposition
We Are Passionate About Fresh Preparation and Cooking
- FRESHLY MADE PICO DE GALLO
- FRESHLY GRILLED, MARINATED CARNE ASADA
- FRESHLY GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- FRESH HOUSE-MADE GUACAMOLE
- SLOW-COOKED BEANS MADE FROM SCRATCH
- FRESHLY GRILLED, MARINATED CHICKEN
Our Menu Strategy Enables Multiple Levels for Traffic & Check Growth
Led by an experienced executive team and backed by investor and renowned restaurateur Larry Levy, chairman of Levy Restaurants, Del Taco has a seasoned franchise system.
Del Taco's established brand legacy, proven business model, and solid company financials offer franchisees the personal support systems and resources needed to establish, manage, and grow their business.
Brand PresidentMore info on Chad Gretzema
Chad GretzemaBrand President
- Joined Del Taco as Senior VP of Operations Support in 2012
- Leads Strategic Planning, Operations Innovation and New Product Commercialization
- Over 20 years of food and restaurant experience serving in Operations and Marketing leadership roles for Oscar Mayer, Einstein Noah Bagel Corp. and Noodles & Company
Steven L. Brake
EVP and Chief Financial OfficerMore info on Steven L. Brake
Steven L. BrakeEVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Joined Del Taco in 2003, was promoted to CFO in 2010 and EVP in 2012
- Oversees the capital structure of the company, including both financial operations and investor relations
- Was instrumental in the transaction of transitioning Del Taco into a public company and in spearheading various refinances
- Previously held management positions at Arthur Andersen and KPMG
Chief Marketing OfficerMore info on M. Barry Westrum
Tim HackbardtChief Marketing Officer
- Tim Hackbardt has been Del Taco’s Chief Marketing Officer since February 2020.
- Over 27 years of experience and has led or advised numerous restaurant chains as a marketing executive and brand consultant across the quick-service, fast-casual, family dining, casual and polished-casual categories. Among these brands are BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Rubio’s, Pieology, Steak ‘n Shake, Johnny Rockets, and Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que.
- Experience also includes four years (1999-2003) leading marketing for Del Taco.
SVP DevelopmentMore info on Jeff Little
Jeff LittleSVP DEVELOPMENT
- Jeff Little joined the Del Taco team in 2016 as Senior Vice President of Development.
- Responsible for spearheading the company’s development efforts and franchise sales in new and existing markets across the country.
- More than 20 years of demonstrated expertise in retail development, specifically real estate, finance, construction and strategic planning.
"I only wish I had become a franchisee sooner. There's never been a better time to be a part of this brand."
Paul Hitzelberger Franchisee since 2001
"Del Taco's leadership team is incredibly strong. They're guided by data-driven decisions that have measurable results for the brand."
Brent Veach Franchisee since 1999
"With strong year-over-year store sales growth, our group believes we are not even close to the number of locations we can own and operate."
Mark Miller Franchisee since 2009
- Jack In The Box Inc. Promotes Del Taco’s Chief Operating Officer Chad Gretzema To Brand President
- Del Taco Continues Expansion in the Southeast with Plans to Enter Mississippi Market
- Del Taco Signs New Multi-Unit Deal Continuing Growth in the Southeast Region
- Jack in the Box Completes its Acquisition of Del Taco
- How Del Taco Helps You Stand Out To Your Customers
- 3 Ways Del Taco Supports Franchise Owners Like You